Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 3, 2013
Barry Levinson will direct Johnny Depp, if this project keeps its footing. “Black Mass” is about notorious Boston mob boss and longtime FBI’s Most Wanted fugitive, the elusive Whitey Bulger. He served as an informant as a means of getting … Continue reading
You’ve got Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez and others all dolled up and behaving badly. Hungry, desperate to get to Spring Break. Willing to commit robberies to do it. And James Franco, in hair and teeth and tats that … Continue reading
“Warm Bodies,” the Zombie “Twilight,” did just under the $20 million it was widely predicted to earn Super Bowl weekend. Decent reviews, decent buzz, a novel reasonably popular with teens, none of that was enough to get it over $20. … Continue reading
The annual Annie Awards honoring the best in animation are no sure-fire Oscar indicator. Disney and Pixar have had their issues with the voting blocs and ways the awards are handled and have turned against them in the past. But … Continue reading
With the Directors Guild of America handing out its top prize to “Argo” Saturday night, that makes it pretty much a clean sweep of pre-Oscar prizes of import for Ben Affleck’s fine “Hollywood version” of history and ticking clock thriller. … Continue reading