Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 6, 2013
Dreamworks Animation shares fell — for some reason — today. And Some are speculating that it’s because the studio had to move a potential animated blockbuster, from fall 2013 to spring 2014. Then, there’s this suggestion by Jeffrey Katzenberg, suggesting … Continue reading
The Visual Effects Society spread the love around, honoring “Life of Pi” and the ways it digitally plopped a tiger, zebra, orangutan and Indian lad on a lifeboat together, “The Avengers” for its modeling work, and “Brave” for its animation. … Continue reading
Lawrence Kasdan hasn’t had much success getting projects onto the big screen and in front of audiences in the past decade. Anybody who saw “Darling Companion” would be hard pressed to remember this was the writer-director of “Grand Canyon” and … Continue reading
Witches — teen witches. Hot teen witches in high school. In what looks like Deep South. So’s they can drawl, y’all! Emmy Rossum and Alden Ehrenreich have to hold their own with Oscar winners Jeremy Irons and Emma Thompson, as … Continue reading