Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review: A Tragic Gay Romance from Italy, "The Neighbor" (aka "Hotel Milano")
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 6, 2013
Katzenberg suggests a multi-tier video streaming pay plan, and “Mr. Peabody and Sherman” is delayed
Dreamworks Animation shares fell — for some reason — today. And Some are speculating that it’s because the studio had to move a potential animated blockbuster, from fall 2013 to spring 2014. Then, there’s this suggestion by Jeffrey Katzenberg, suggesting … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Katzenberg suggests a multi-tier video streaming pay plan, and “Mr. Peabody and Sherman” is delayed
“Life of Pi,””The Avengers,” “Brave” and “Game of Thrones” win effects honors
The Visual Effects Society spread the love around, honoring “Life of Pi” and the ways it digitally plopped a tiger, zebra, orangutan and Indian lad on a lifeboat together, “The Avengers” for its modeling work, and “Brave” for its animation. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Life of Pi,””The Avengers,” “Brave” and “Game of Thrones” win effects honors
Disney to milk “Star Wars” with “stand-alone films” outside of a new trilogy
Lawrence Kasdan hasn’t had much success getting projects onto the big screen and in front of audiences in the past decade. Anybody who saw “Darling Companion” would be hard pressed to remember this was the writer-director of “Grand Canyon” and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Disney to milk “Star Wars” with “stand-alone films” outside of a new trilogy
Today’s screening — “Beautiful Creatures”
Witches — teen witches. Hot teen witches in high school. In what looks like Deep South. So’s they can drawl, y’all! Emmy Rossum and Alden Ehrenreich have to hold their own with Oscar winners Jeremy Irons and Emma Thompson, as … Continue reading