Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 6, 2013
Dreamworks Animation shares fell — for some reason — today. And Some are speculating that it’s because the studio had to move a potential animated blockbuster, from fall 2013 to spring 2014. Then, there’s this suggestion by Jeffrey Katzenberg, suggesting … Continue reading
The Visual Effects Society spread the love around, honoring “Life of Pi” and the ways it digitally plopped a tiger, zebra, orangutan and Indian lad on a lifeboat together, “The Avengers” for its modeling work, and “Brave” for its animation. … Continue reading
Lawrence Kasdan hasn’t had much success getting projects onto the big screen and in front of audiences in the past decade. Anybody who saw “Darling Companion” would be hard pressed to remember this was the writer-director of “Grand Canyon” and … Continue reading