Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 6, 2013
Dreamworks Animation shares fell — for some reason — today. And Some are speculating that it’s because the studio had to move a potential animated blockbuster, from fall 2013 to spring 2014. Then, there’s this suggestion by Jeffrey Katzenberg, suggesting … Continue reading
The Visual Effects Society spread the love around, honoring “Life of Pi” and the ways it digitally plopped a tiger, zebra, orangutan and Indian lad on a lifeboat together, “The Avengers” for its modeling work, and “Brave” for its animation. … Continue reading
Lawrence Kasdan hasn’t had much success getting projects onto the big screen and in front of audiences in the past decade. Anybody who saw “Darling Companion” would be hard pressed to remember this was the writer-director of “Grand Canyon” and … Continue reading
Witches — teen witches. Hot teen witches in high school. In what looks like Deep South. So’s they can drawl, y’all! Emmy Rossum and Alden Ehrenreich have to hold their own with Oscar winners Jeremy Irons and Emma Thompson, as … Continue reading