Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2013
“The Host” was Stephenie Meyer’s follow-up to her blockbuster “Twilight” novels. It’s about a world that’s been taken over by aliens, “Souls,” who have moved into human hosts and taken over their bodies. It’s about free will, after a fashion. … Continue reading
Last night’s Writer’s Guild Awards smelled like Oscar predictions, as “Argo” took another pre-Oscar honor, and “Zero Dark Thirty” earned the one honor it’s got a shot at winning Oscar night. “Searching for Sugar Man” collected the best written documentary … Continue reading
Max Irons, Saoirse Ronan, William Hurt and Diane Kruger are the stars of the film of the “Twilight” author’s alien abduction followup novel. It’s got Andrew “In Time/.Gattaca” Niccol as director and it opens March 29. I’m interviewing some of … Continue reading