Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2013
“The Host” was Stephenie Meyer’s follow-up to her blockbuster “Twilight” novels. It’s about a world that’s been taken over by aliens, “Souls,” who have moved into human hosts and taken over their bodies. It’s about free will, after a fashion. … Continue reading
Last night’s Writer’s Guild Awards smelled like Oscar predictions, as “Argo” took another pre-Oscar honor, and “Zero Dark Thirty” earned the one honor it’s got a shot at winning Oscar night. “Searching for Sugar Man” collected the best written documentary … Continue reading
Max Irons, Saoirse Ronan, William Hurt and Diane Kruger are the stars of the film of the “Twilight” author’s alien abduction followup novel. It’s got Andrew “In Time/.Gattaca” Niccol as director and it opens March 29. I’m interviewing some of … Continue reading