Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2013
“The Host” was Stephenie Meyer’s follow-up to her blockbuster “Twilight” novels. It’s about a world that’s been taken over by aliens, “Souls,” who have moved into human hosts and taken over their bodies. It’s about free will, after a fashion. … Continue reading
Last night’s Writer’s Guild Awards smelled like Oscar predictions, as “Argo” took another pre-Oscar honor, and “Zero Dark Thirty” earned the one honor it’s got a shot at winning Oscar night. “Searching for Sugar Man” collected the best written documentary … Continue reading
Max Irons, Saoirse Ronan, William Hurt and Diane Kruger are the stars of the film of the “Twilight” author’s alien abduction followup novel. It’s got Andrew “In Time/.Gattaca” Niccol as director and it opens March 29. I’m interviewing some of … Continue reading