Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 18, 2013
“The Host” was Stephenie Meyer’s follow-up to her blockbuster “Twilight” novels. It’s about a world that’s been taken over by aliens, “Souls,” who have moved into human hosts and taken over their bodies. It’s about free will, after a fashion. … Continue reading
Last night’s Writer’s Guild Awards smelled like Oscar predictions, as “Argo” took another pre-Oscar honor, and “Zero Dark Thirty” earned the one honor it’s got a shot at winning Oscar night. “Searching for Sugar Man” collected the best written documentary … Continue reading
Max Irons, Saoirse Ronan, William Hurt and Diane Kruger are the stars of the film of the “Twilight” author’s alien abduction followup novel. It’s got Andrew “In Time/.Gattaca” Niccol as director and it opens March 29. I’m interviewing some of … Continue reading