Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2013
Melissa McCarthy is BOX OFFICE now, officially. She pulled in $36.5 million in opening weekend ticket sales for “Identity Thief.” It’s not like Jason Bateman is that kind of draw. The lady is bankable, and Fox’s decision to push her … Continue reading
Not necessarily an Oscar indicator, but the BRITISH Oscars, the BAFTAS, honored Emmanuelle Riva of “Amour” for best actress. Otherwise, it was Affleck best director, “Argo” best picture, Day Lewis best actor, Hanne Hathaway best supporting actress. Christoph Waltz won … Continue reading
The quixotic career of Peter Bogdanovich, post “Paper Moon,” has been the subject of more head-shaking and tsk tsking than any filmmaker since his pal Orson Welles hit hard times and couldn’t get a movie made. A movie here and … Continue reading
The weekend’s cinematic tempest in a teapot went something like this. Veteran New York critic and professional snarler Rex Reed wrote this review of “Identity Thief,” in which he took a few choice shots at star Melissa McCarthy’s style of … Continue reading