Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2013
Melissa McCarthy is BOX OFFICE now, officially. She pulled in $36.5 million in opening weekend ticket sales for “Identity Thief.” It’s not like Jason Bateman is that kind of draw. The lady is bankable, and Fox’s decision to push her … Continue reading
Not necessarily an Oscar indicator, but the BRITISH Oscars, the BAFTAS, honored Emmanuelle Riva of “Amour” for best actress. Otherwise, it was Affleck best director, “Argo” best picture, Day Lewis best actor, Hanne Hathaway best supporting actress. Christoph Waltz won … Continue reading
The quixotic career of Peter Bogdanovich, post “Paper Moon,” has been the subject of more head-shaking and tsk tsking than any filmmaker since his pal Orson Welles hit hard times and couldn’t get a movie made. A movie here and … Continue reading
The weekend’s cinematic tempest in a teapot went something like this. Veteran New York critic and professional snarler Rex Reed wrote this review of “Identity Thief,” in which he took a few choice shots at star Melissa McCarthy’s style of … Continue reading