Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2013
Melissa McCarthy is BOX OFFICE now, officially. She pulled in $36.5 million in opening weekend ticket sales for “Identity Thief.” It’s not like Jason Bateman is that kind of draw. The lady is bankable, and Fox’s decision to push her … Continue reading
Not necessarily an Oscar indicator, but the BRITISH Oscars, the BAFTAS, honored Emmanuelle Riva of “Amour” for best actress. Otherwise, it was Affleck best director, “Argo” best picture, Day Lewis best actor, Hanne Hathaway best supporting actress. Christoph Waltz won … Continue reading
The quixotic career of Peter Bogdanovich, post “Paper Moon,” has been the subject of more head-shaking and tsk tsking than any filmmaker since his pal Orson Welles hit hard times and couldn’t get a movie made. A movie here and … Continue reading
The weekend’s cinematic tempest in a teapot went something like this. Veteran New York critic and professional snarler Rex Reed wrote this review of “Identity Thief,” in which he took a few choice shots at star Melissa McCarthy’s style of … Continue reading