Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2013
The premise of “The Lost Legion” is that enslaved Roman soldiers wind up in Outer Mongolia, only to be freed by Han Chinese soldiers who them team up with them to defeat the barbarians who gave Mulan such fits. Something … Continue reading
He even mentioned it in his manifesto. No, it’s not the bloody, pistol-packing life-if-cheap and every killing comes with a quip movie’s fault that he went off on a killing spree. But the amorality and cavalier way life is treated … Continue reading
Nobody does a good death scene like our old pal Sean Bean. Nobody. Ever since that 1995 Brosnan/Bond picture (“Goldeneye”), and the original “Lord of the Rings” (2001) he’s been the king of big screen versions of buying the farm. … Continue reading
The holiday road trip comedy “The Guilt Trip” didn’t do a lot of business. You could almost sense the eggshells that cast and crew were walking on around La Streisand, She who Would Not Work anywhere beyond a short drive … Continue reading
Not caped suits, but law suits. The endless haggling over the copyright, the legal “ownership” of Jerry Siegel’s creation, seemed over. Several times. Especially in January. But since nothing is EVER settled in legal land, Warners is trying to shut … Continue reading
Well, he HAS given up on attracting a decent cast. Thus, the White Zombie frontman has built the film around…his wife. “The Lords of Salem” opens April 18 — in Italy.
“Identity Thief” has a subject that’s very much on the public mind, a couple of stars who are reliably funny and has been hyped to death in TV ads for a month. Does that translate into a blockbuster opening weekend … Continue reading