Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Lights Out"
- Movie Review: His son's dead, and the killers meet the Snowplow Man "In Order of Disappearance"
- Movie Review: The horror isn't just in her head in "Sun Choke"
- Next Interview: Got questions for Lake Bell?
- Movie Review: "The Legend of Tarzan" is the original "Planet of the (digital) Apes"
- Box Office: Does "Ghostbusters'" $45 million opening make it a flop?
- Movie Review: "Ghostbusters" are empowered, but at a loss for laughs
- Deconstructing "Fury," or The Art of the Tank Combat movie
- Movie Review: "The Physician"
- Movie Review: Jared Leto's "Mr. Nobody" finally makes it into theaters
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 8, 2013
The premise of “The Lost Legion” is that enslaved Roman soldiers wind up in Outer Mongolia, only to be freed by Han Chinese soldiers who them team up with them to defeat the barbarians who gave Mulan such fits. Something … Continue reading
He even mentioned it in his manifesto. No, it’s not the bloody, pistol-packing life-if-cheap and every killing comes with a quip movie’s fault that he went off on a killing spree. But the amorality and cavalier way life is treated … Continue reading
Nobody does a good death scene like our old pal Sean Bean. Nobody. Ever since that 1995 Brosnan/Bond picture (“Goldeneye”), and the original “Lord of the Rings” (2001) he’s been the king of big screen versions of buying the farm. … Continue reading
The holiday road trip comedy “The Guilt Trip” didn’t do a lot of business. You could almost sense the eggshells that cast and crew were walking on around La Streisand, She who Would Not Work anywhere beyond a short drive … Continue reading
Not caped suits, but law suits. The endless haggling over the copyright, the legal “ownership” of Jerry Siegel’s creation, seemed over. Several times. Especially in January. But since nothing is EVER settled in legal land, Warners is trying to shut … Continue reading
Well, he HAS given up on attracting a decent cast. Thus, the White Zombie frontman has built the film around…his wife. “The Lords of Salem” opens April 18 — in Italy.
“Identity Thief” has a subject that’s very much on the public mind, a couple of stars who are reliably funny and has been hyped to death in TV ads for a month. Does that translate into a blockbuster opening weekend … Continue reading