Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 21, 2013
I’m a big Ray Winstone fan, going back to “Sexy Beast,” on through “The Departed” and “Beowulf,” where he was computer animated into the first great epic in Olde English. That was the last time I talked with him. I’m … Continue reading
You’d expect a movie about a song that has become the Hebrew “Hokey Pokey” to be playful. And “Hava Nagila (The Movie)” is that, in spades. That wedding, party and bar mitzvah staple, a song that the whole world knows … Continue reading
The signs have been there for weeks — we’re adding this bit of music, that tribute. And more. And more. There are nine best picture nominees. There’s a new host who’s never done this sort of show before. It’s all … Continue reading