Canadian actress (“Splice”) turned director (“Away From Her”) Sarah Polley engages in a bout of navel gazing with her new documentary, “Stories We Tell.” It’s about her late mother, and she assembles her siblings and other relatives and family friends for “an interrogation,” as they recollect their memories of her in building a sometimes contradictory portrait of a woman who died when Sarah was a child.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The November Man"
- Movie Review: Aniston tries her hand in Elmore Leonard Land in "Life of Crime"
- Have questions for Kristen Bell? Send'em my way.
- Movie Review: "God's Not Dead"
- Movie Review: "If I Stay"
- Movie Review: Dakota Fanning, miscast again in "The Last of Robin Hood"
- Movie Review: "The Possession of Michael King"
- Movie Review: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" get the Michael Bay treatment
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: "Heatstroke"
Find a Movie Review