Canadian actress (“Splice”) turned director (“Away From Her”) Sarah Polley engages in a bout of navel gazing with her new documentary, “Stories We Tell.” It’s about her late mother, and she assembles her siblings and other relatives and family friends for “an interrogation,” as they recollect their memories of her in building a sometimes contradictory portrait of a woman who died when Sarah was a child.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Physician"
- Movie Review: "Dial a Prayer" cleverly hedges its bets
- Next Interview: Got questions for Lake Bell?
- Movie Review -- "Mission: Impossible -- Rogue Nation"
- Movie Review: "Unfriended"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: "Vacation"
- Movie Review: "Pixels" suggests it's "Game Over" for Adam Sandler
- Movie Review: "Shaun the Sheep Movie"
- Movie Review: Too many laughs are lost in translation in "Cantinflas"
Find a Movie Review