Canadian actress (“Splice”) turned director (“Away From Her”) Sarah Polley engages in a bout of navel gazing with her new documentary, “Stories We Tell.” It’s about her late mother, and she assembles her siblings and other relatives and family friends for “an interrogation,” as they recollect their memories of her in building a sometimes contradictory portrait of a woman who died when Sarah was a child.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Too many laughs are lost in translation in "Cantinflas"
- Movie Review: "As Above, So Below" is a real shaky-camera headache
- Have questions for Kristen Bell? Send'em my way.
- Movie Review: "God's Not Dead"
- Movie Review: "If I Stay"
- Movie Review: "The Giver"
- Movie Review: "The November Man"
- Movie Review: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" get the Michael Bay treatment
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Linklater makes his big statement on growing up with "Boyhood"
Find a Movie Review