Canadian actress (“Splice”) turned director (“Away From Her”) Sarah Polley engages in a bout of navel gazing with her new documentary, “Stories We Tell.” It’s about her late mother, and she assembles her siblings and other relatives and family friends for “an interrogation,” as they recollect their memories of her in building a sometimes contradictory portrait of a woman who died when Sarah was a child.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "San Andreas" shows why The Rock is aptly named
- Movie Review: "Aloha," Cameron Crowe. Aloha.
- Movie Review: "Catch Hell"
- Interview: Deborah Mailman of "The Sapphires" and "Mental"
- Movie Review: "Survivor" is a B-movie thriller that kind of works
- Movie Review: "The Age of Adaline"
- Movie Review: Skin and sin and church tumble together in "Chocolate City"
- Movie Review: "Before I Disappear"
- Movie Review: "Barely Lethal"
- Movie Review: "Far from the Madding Crowd"
Find a Movie Review