Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 27, 2021
Emily Blunt, The Rock, CCR, and “a tree” with “powers.” Did I mention the U Boat? So the cut and paste screenwriters have seen “The African Queen” and “Murphy’s War?” And every Disney movie with a whiff of magic?
We toss the phrase “Kafkaesque nightmare” out whenever we or someone we hear about is buried under the impersonal, uncaring bureaucracy of government. But what does that really imply? It denotes a solitary human, a “citizen,” trapped in the maw … Continue reading
Dennis Quaid plays a crusty, rummy old salt forced to help kids win a cash-prize fishiny tourney so that they can save their orphanage in “Blue Miracle,” a “true” tale of Cabo San Lucas. OK, “true-ish.” Cute? Certainly. Cloying? Sometimes. … Continue reading
“Good Funk” is an indie drama told in a series of sketches, interconnected lives facing a gentrifying Red Hook (Brooklyn) with despair, frustration and vague hope. There’s not much to it, but like its title, it’s a character study with … Continue reading
Well, none of us are as young as we once were. This July 23 thriller is about a family that ages rapidly during a summer trip. Ask anybody about vacations at Disney World.
There’s just enough off-the-wall stuff in Michael P. Blevins’ “Digging to Death” to suggest “horror comedy” might have been the intention here. I mean, it’s about a newly-divorced guy (veteran bit player Ford Austin) who decides to replace the septic … Continue reading
A little horror from IFC Midnight? Why yes, thank you.