Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 2, 2021
“The Human Factor” aims to be a sort of “how we got here” depiction of the impasse in efforts to obtain peace between Israel, the Palestinians and Syrians in the Middle East. Israeli filmmaker Dror Moreh (“Sharon,” “The Gatekeepers”) limits … Continue reading
“Ondine” is one of those Irish dramedies that you see as you’re scrolling down this or that streaming menu (Roku, Tubi, etc. have it) and you wonder, “Haven’t I seen that?” It’s a sea sprite romance — “Selkies,” they’re called. … Continue reading
I submit that even at this late date, with director Stanley Kubrick long parked near the top of the cinematic pantheon, that we’re allowed to watch at least the first 20 minutes of the first jewel in his crown, “The … Continue reading