Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "The Secret of Sinchanee" isn't worth sharing
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 8, 2021
It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen Preston Sturges’ masterpiece, “Sullivan’s Travels.” Watching it again on Mother’s Day weekend (my mother had never seen it) reminded me of the fickle nature of memory, when it comes to movies. … Continue reading
John Frankenheimer made his leap from “Golden Age of Television” TV director to big screen Big Name director permanent with “The Young Savages,” a flinty, gritty courtroom drama dressed up as a street gang murder thriller. He’d just turned 30 … Continue reading
I interviewed Romero once or twice, interviews that always turned toward why he wasn’t able to get his films financed. As indie and DIY as the “Night of the Living Dead” icon was, little he managed to get in front … Continue reading
On a gloomy, fog-enshrouded night a decaying mansion is glimpsed in the darkness. It is where Nurse Cherry’s new assignment is. She will take care of the very old, quite-catatonic master of the house. Little does she suspect, as servant/chauffeur … Continue reading
Here’s an oddity on the resume of the wonderful Hollywood character actor Claude Rains — a Technicolor star vehicle, shot partly on location in Amsterdam and Paris in the early ’50s when Rains was in his 60s. “The Man Who … Continue reading