Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2021
Can’t tell a lot from this clip, as it is seriously generic in the first act get up and get going tradition. “Annette” opens July 7 in la belle France, with Simon Helberg. Opera singer and stand up comic have … Continue reading
You’d think we’d explored all the possibilities of being trapped in a small space with time running out in “Buried,” and all the emotions of a life circumscribed by such limitations in “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.” Ah, but … Continue reading
Movie Review: Synthesizers, a beat box and a French gamine inspired by them — “Le choc du futur (The Shock of the Future)”
A pretty young French musician tries to surf the coming electronica wave in Paris in “Le choc du futur,” a “musician finds her sound” tale set in 1978. The film isn’t a tale of triumph over adversity, paddling against the … Continue reading
What a peculiar, sometimes bizarre movie “Homunculus” is, a brain-experiment sci-fi thriller that lurches between dull and downright revolting.starts with graphic brain surgery, crosses into “creepy,” and freely-acknowledges that when it does, as it dabbles in the Japanese obsession with … Continue reading
Annasophia Robb, Minks Kelly, and as a young Meyer Lansky? John Magaro.