Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Netflixable? JCVD goes "Oui, oui Wheeeee" as "The Last Mercenary"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2021
Imagine the nerds from “The Big Bang Theory” stumbling into the plot of “Taken,” or pretty much any Liam Neeson out-for-revenge thriller. Now imagine them Danish. That’s “Riders of Justice,” the dark, bloody, sweet and sometimes hilarious comic thriller from … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Oscar Winner and Scandal-magnet Sean turned Great Philanthropist — “Citizen Penn”
“Citizen Penn” is a documentary about Sean Penn‘s path from Oscar-winner, tabloid target and sometimes hectoring political activist to a humanitarian aid worker of the first order, a Hollywood star who has turned his celebrity into a magnet for drawing … Continue reading
It’s established fact that “time travel” is the best plot to lean on if you want to make sci-fi on an indie film budget. “Cerebrum” is a twisty, confusing time bending tale of a son (Christian James) who walks into … Continue reading
Could a Rainer Werner Fassbinder become a star filmmaker today? That’s a question that comes to mind in the scruffy, seamy but accurate portrait of him that emerges from “Enfant Terrible,” director Oscar Roehler’s film biography of the wunderkind of … Continue reading