Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2021
A Welsh cattle and pig farm evolved over the decades to become the world’s first “residential recording studio” in the late 1960s. Musicians could go there, isolate, create and live under the same roof — almost dormitory style — as … Continue reading
When is a surprise twist no surprise at all? When the movie starts to make no sense without that inevitability, that’s when. “Antidote” opens with an unexplained hanging and leaps straight into a woman (Ashlynne Yennie) rising from her bed … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Abigail Breslin’s jailed in France, Matt Damon is her Oklahoma Dad trying to get her out — “Stillwater”
July 30, this one hits theaters.
Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams — “The Fugitive Kind”
A problematic play became a troubled film shoot and then a box office bomb when Tennessee Williams, Sidney Lumet, Brando and United Artists took a shot at “Orpheus Descending,” the play that became “The Fugitive Kind” back in 1960. It’s … Continue reading