Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2021
A Welsh cattle and pig farm evolved over the decades to become the world’s first “residential recording studio” in the late 1960s. Musicians could go there, isolate, create and live under the same roof — almost dormitory style — as … Continue reading
When is a surprise twist no surprise at all? When the movie starts to make no sense without that inevitability, that’s when. “Antidote” opens with an unexplained hanging and leaps straight into a woman (Ashlynne Yennie) rising from her bed … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Abigail Breslin’s jailed in France, Matt Damon is her Oklahoma Dad trying to get her out — “Stillwater”
July 30, this one hits theaters.
Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams — “The Fugitive Kind”
A problematic play became a troubled film shoot and then a box office bomb when Tennessee Williams, Sidney Lumet, Brando and United Artists took a shot at “Orpheus Descending,” the play that became “The Fugitive Kind” back in 1960. It’s … Continue reading