Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 11, 2021
A Welsh cattle and pig farm evolved over the decades to become the world’s first “residential recording studio” in the late 1960s. Musicians could go there, isolate, create and live under the same roof — almost dormitory style — as … Continue reading
When is a surprise twist no surprise at all? When the movie starts to make no sense without that inevitability, that’s when. “Antidote” opens with an unexplained hanging and leaps straight into a woman (Ashlynne Yennie) rising from her bed … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Abigail Breslin’s jailed in France, Matt Damon is her Oklahoma Dad trying to get her out — “Stillwater”
July 30, this one hits theaters.
Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams — “The Fugitive Kind”
A problematic play became a troubled film shoot and then a box office bomb when Tennessee Williams, Sidney Lumet, Brando and United Artists took a shot at “Orpheus Descending,” the play that became “The Fugitive Kind” back in 1960. It’s … Continue reading