Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 6, 2021
For their fourth collaboration, Jason Statham and director Guy Ritchie adapt a French thriller into a straight-up Hollywood-style blood-and-bullets vengeance tale. “Wrath of Man” thus becomes Ritchie’s most American film, totally free of the Cockney sass and mordant, morbid wit … Continue reading
Let’s give Coach K — my nickname for Krasinski, you can ask him — a little screen time in the “How we got here” part of this sequel with prequel elements.
Movie Preview: What character do aspiring screenwriters know best? Aspiring screenwriters in TROUBLE — “Open Your Eyes”
A horror thriller coming your way, and mine, June 1. Doesn’t look like much, but you never know.
Writer-director Cathy Yan’s playfully cynical “Dead Pigs” is bucket of cold water dumped on Chinese avarice at the start of The Chinese Century. Before “Birds of Prey,” Yan cooked up a Chinese satire painted in broad strokes with a tiny … Continue reading
An upscale ghost story slated for late August release, this looks damned creepy. A good actress can make you believe in ghosts.
Southern drawls lure English actors like soccer hooligans hunting for that next warm beer. And truth be told, when “Game of Thrones” siren Emilia Clarke trots out her Kentucky/Appalachian accent out in “Above Suspicion,” I have to say, I was … Continue reading
The finale to “Threshold,” a supernatural thriller about a junkie who figures she’s possessed, is a doozy — alarming, rattling and with a neat little twist that underlines its point. And it’d have to be, considering the general snooze this … Continue reading