Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 24, 2021
Angelino grandson, a workaholic who toils in finance, is told “Let’s go for a drive” by his grandpa, who takes him out to the desert. He speaks of Old Mexico, or at least the Mexico he left to emigrate to … Continue reading
Whatever else this fellow Will Smith — no, not THAT Will Smith — has going on in his life, he tells a helluva yarn. And that “yarn,” about a mysterious neighbor he barely knows leaving a large and expensive stamp … Continue reading
Nov. 5, lots of new superheroes for those who need them.
Sometimes, they lose you in the finale. They over-explain their “motiveless murder” thriller, and the explanations don’t add up to anything other than “pitiless psychopath” or the filmmakers do something else to show they don’t know when to call it … Continue reading
A dark comedy about serial killers and a support group, led by David Koechner.
This trailer really plays. Know why?ACTING! And we’re invested in the characters and this “Amityville” couple’s universe.
More interesting as another technical exercise in “making a movie look like your Facebook page,” “Profile” comes to screens too late to catch “ISIS Fever,” too obvious to quite come off. I mean, if the average viewer sees things the … Continue reading