Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "The Secret of Sinchanee" isn't worth sharing
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2021
“The Soul” is a murder mystery wrapped in medical sci-fi, with a tragic, prosecutor-dying-of-cancer romance/pregnant cop-wife melodrama thrown in for good measure. It offers up a lot to chew on, but a lot left undigested as well, all served up … Continue reading
“Port Authority,” a somewhat affecting New York transgender romance, is a little late to the “guy doesn’t realize the performer he’s attracted is transgender” party. “The Crying Game,” and “Victor/Victoria” are ancient history, after all. But writer-director Danielle Lessovitz’s debut … Continue reading
Coming in October. You had me at “Anya.” And “Edgar.”
The delight of discovery and element of surprise were all used up on “A Quiet Place.” And that’s not just true for viewers. In the sequel’s prologue, the cast gives us the distinct impression that they can’t “unring” that bell, … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Karen Gillan is a “fixer” in the estrogen charged mayhem that is “Gunpowder Milkshake”
Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, Lena Headey, Carla Gugino and Paul Giamatti also star in this hit woman action comedy. A “Shoot em Up” or “Harley Quinn That doesn’t suck?”