Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 25, 2021
“The Soul” is a murder mystery wrapped in medical sci-fi, with a tragic, prosecutor-dying-of-cancer romance/pregnant cop-wife melodrama thrown in for good measure. It offers up a lot to chew on, but a lot left undigested as well, all served up … Continue reading
“Port Authority,” a somewhat affecting New York transgender romance, is a little late to the “guy doesn’t realize the performer he’s attracted is transgender” party. “The Crying Game,” and “Victor/Victoria” are ancient history, after all. But writer-director Danielle Lessovitz’s debut … Continue reading
Coming in October. You had me at “Anya.” And “Edgar.”
The delight of discovery and element of surprise were all used up on “A Quiet Place.” And that’s not just true for viewers. In the sequel’s prologue, the cast gives us the distinct impression that they can’t “unring” that bell, … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Karen Gillan is a “fixer” in the estrogen charged mayhem that is “Gunpowder Milkshake”
Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh, Lena Headey, Carla Gugino and Paul Giamatti also star in this hit woman action comedy. A “Shoot em Up” or “Harley Quinn That doesn’t suck?”