Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 21, 2021
Their eyes lock in across the darkened room. They share a smile, and as their finely-waxed mustaches meet, they kiss. “The Dance of the 41 (El Baile de los 41)” is Mexico’s “Age of the Not-So-Innocent,” a beautifully baroque period … Continue reading
“Ferry” is a straight-up old-fashioned “mobster grows morals” thriller from The Netherlands, a movie that doesn’t surprise but does what it does with efficiency and a hint of style. And I don’t think it gives too much away saying that … Continue reading
Paul Sorvino, Lorraine Bracco, Ashley Benson, Aldis Hodge, Penn Badgley, Shiloh Fernandez, Luis Guzman, William Fitchner, Val Killer and Ewan McGregor are the stars of this June 18 release.
The thing about “feel good” movies is that, to work, they’ve got to flirt with making you feel awful. Edge of tears, disappointment, life’s pitfalls turning into potholes, the works. And that’s never truer than in feel good movies about … Continue reading