Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 10, 2021
Reforming the fast, loose, pocket stuffing elders of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association has proven to be nigh on impossible over the decades. The terrible ratings of the 2021 pandemic Gloves should have made this a no brainer. They have … Continue reading
Tom Hardy’s back in what has proven to be an unlikely franchise seeing as how the original wasn’t much fun, not in the same darkly comical league with “Deadpool,” wasn’t deep enough to be as dark as it turned out. … Continue reading
This doc, about the Tulsa Race Riot/Massacre, comes out this June — 100 years after scores of people were killed, hundreds were injured and thousands detained — on National Geographic and Hulu, right around Juneteenth. A compelling subject, and this … Continue reading
“The Killing of Two Lovers” is a break-up story as stark as its Utah-in-winter setting, as brutal as its title. The debut feature of writer-director Robert Machoian throws us into the seemingly quiet aftermath of a split, the calm after … Continue reading
When you’re mute, nobody can hear you scream. That’s the horror hook for “The Djinn,” a generic but well-executed tale of a little boy who makes the right wish of the wrong genie. The standard ingredients of such a tale … Continue reading
If a mere Madeleine could send Proust “In Search of Lost Time,” surely a bon bon of a movie can inspire a reverie of films and times past, trips taken and those that lie on every traveler’s elusive “Bucket List.” … Continue reading