Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 4, 2021
Another May 7 release, a thriller, that literally just popped up on the date.
Reviewing this Lili Taylor comedy, opening Friday, shortly.
You will recognize the stand-up faces, if not necessarily the names they go by in this late June release.
A rigid, traditional Vietnamese dad and his Polish-born daughter stumble towards a connection in “The Taste of Phở,” a slight but engaging dramedy from Poland. Long (Thang Long Do) is chef at Warsaw’s struggling, somewhat hidebound Ha Long restaurant. His … Continue reading
What’s the old joke? “Authenticity is the hardest thing to fake?” The new “countdown to my big ‘homecoming’ concert” documentary, “The Boy from Medellin,” presents a portrait of an artist under a lot of stress. José Álvaro Osorio Balvin, aka … Continue reading
Robert Mitchum was a high-mileage/hard-miles 57 when he took on Raymond Chandler’s iconic private eye Philip Marlowe in 1975’s “Farewell, My Lovely,” a character immortalized by Bogie in “The Big Sleep” in a story of that had been filmed twice … Continue reading
“The Water Man” is a gorgeous looking tween fantasy/adventure in the “Bridge to Terabithia” tradition, well-cast and designed to tug at the heartstrings. But the feature directing debut of co-star David Oyelowo (“Selma”) is a Bridge to Nowhere — dramatically … Continue reading