Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Silver Skates" is a lovely bore set in Tsarist Russia
- Movie Review: Sad teen wishes he could "Just Say Goodbye"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: BFFs since childhood, transitioning as adults -- "Jack & Yaya"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Movie Review -- "F9: The Fast Saga"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 5, 2021
SCENE: Generic “horror movie” sitting room — rough-hewn Irish doorjambs, stained, peeling and faded wallpaper with “shadows” of items formerly hung on it, a withered wreath and a sinister painting illuminated by a single, battered table lamp on a battered … Continue reading
A little fighting back against the horror, from Quiver May 21.
Over his comic lifetime, Billy Crystal has made more people laugh in more venues than just about anybody alive. Stand-up to sitcom, “Saturday Night Live” to Oscar host, one-man Broadway show to movies, he’s created and forgotten more characters and … Continue reading
The movies have always been glib in how they depict mental illness. And there are a few minutes at the beginning of “Paper Spiders” where you can wonder if we aren’t about to be treated to more of the same. … Continue reading