Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 22, 2021
Some seriously “special” effects and a curious time and mind-bending story are the selling points of “Super Me,” a high-gloss Chinese wish fulfillment fantasy. It’s about a guy who learns to manipulate his nightmares into dreams that grant him his … Continue reading
A tepid attempt to graft agoraphobia onto the weary “indie filmmaker trying to get a second film made” comedy, “Welcome Matt” neither delivers laughs nor insights to an illness a lot of people think about as a pandemic winds down. … Continue reading
A brisk, bracing opening straight out of “The Stand,” only set to Elvis and Elvis covers, sets the tone. “Army of the Dead” is going to be jaunty, and because there’s little new that can be done with zombies, that’s … Continue reading
The great Russian filmmaker Andrei Konchalovskiy’s remarkable third act “comeback” in the West began with an allegorical Life of Michelangelo, a Russian-Italian co-production titled “Il peccato” or “Sin.” The director of the ’80s masterpiece “Runaway Train” had decades in the … Continue reading