Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 9, 2019
Sure, it’s drinks and strip clubs, beaches and hot Thai food when brothers Mehdi and Hicham see each other for the first time in 15 years. You’ll love Thailand, younger brother Hicham crows. And not just for the scenery, the … Continue reading
Thoreau famously decried the fact that most “men lead lives of quiet desperation.” But the author of Walden never spent time in a modern hotel. You want to talk about “quiet desperation?” Invite a woman who cleans hotel rooms into … Continue reading
Your small child, grandchild or favorite niece may be adorable. But she will never be on the Italan cheek-pinching cute level of Jennifer Brokshi, playing tiny Agata in the sometimes charming Italian fantasy, “The Man Without Gravity.” Agata is about … Continue reading
A fresh angle, a modern take. Let’s hope it doesn’t have as much voice over narration as the trailer.
A franchise (sort of) horror movie opening under $20 million? How could this be? Decent reviews for “The Shining” sequel did not give it much of a turnout Thursday night, or anything like an epic Friday. Deadline.com may be erring … Continue reading