Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 18, 2019
Movie Review: “When Lambs become Lions” takes an African view of the poacher/wildlife guardians conflict
Desperation collides with duty in “When Lambs Become Lions,” a docudrama set in the wildlife parks of Northern Kenya. That’s where poachers and National Reserve Game Rangers play for keeps in their struggle over Africa’s last elephants. Jon Kasbe’s film … Continue reading
She didn’t take up a camera until she was 40, and became, she says, “the first woman (news) photographer in Italy.” But it’s where Letizia Battaglia took up her art and trade and who she pointed her camera at that … Continue reading
The opening moments of “After the Murder of Albert Lima” are where the confusion begins. A Tampa area personal trainer is talking to a couple living on an island in the Caribbean. He puts them on speaker phone. He’s asking … Continue reading