Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The Child Actor's lot, laid bare in "Honey Boy"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2019
A common pitfall of animation start-ups is spending their money on famous names as voice actors instead of higher end animation and better gag writers. But Netflix upends that standing rule with its first animated feature, “Klaus.” Casting Jason Schwartzman … Continue reading
The latest “Charlie’s Angels” reboot acknowledges its place in the Farrah Fawcett to Cameron Diaz to Kristen Stewart continuum. The “Townsend Agency” has had many Angels, many Bosleys. It opens with a documentary montage of girls competing at sports, tackling … Continue reading
Movie Review: A woman takes up arms against the most powerful corporation ever in “The Warrior Queen of Jhansi”
“The Warrior Queen of Jhansi” is a respectable B-movie from India about a heroine of “The Mutiny,” the 1857-58 Indian Rebellion against the rule of the British East India Company and its British soldiers. Ambitious, if choppy, flatly-acted and less … Continue reading
For those who haven’t been paying attention, Indian films and movies set in India have been showing up on screens nationwide with increasing frequency. Few have made much of a dent in the US box office, but the Subcontinent Diaspora … Continue reading
The star power, stellar reviews and awards season cachet of one of the best pictures of the year should be enough to ensure “Ford v. Ferrari” will own at least one weekend at the box office. Tracking interest — retweets, … Continue reading