Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2019
“House Arrest” is a 22 minute sitcom pilot lost inside a 104 minute romantic comedy. It’s got a cute couple with chemistry, a couple of wacky supporting characters, a daft dilemma and a couple of funny pratfalls. That’s not even … Continue reading
It’s messy, random, funny and poignant, violent and surreal, politically-charged and romantic. “Queen & Slim” is an African American art film channeling a 1970s blaxploitation, on-the-lam-from-the-law road picture vibe. As its riveting, rambling, geographically-inept two hours roll by, lurid visions … Continue reading
Disney has an animated juggernaut on its hands, even if “Frozen 2” (They cannot be bothered to decide if it’s “2” or “II” in the title) isn’t remotely as tuneful or coherent as the original. Box Office Mojo and others … Continue reading
It would be odder than odd to see Adam Sandler walk away with Indie Spirit honors, but that’s what “Uncut Gems” could do for the critically derided comic’s career. An A24 film parked in awards season, and we have to … Continue reading