Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2019
“House Arrest” is a 22 minute sitcom pilot lost inside a 104 minute romantic comedy. It’s got a cute couple with chemistry, a couple of wacky supporting characters, a daft dilemma and a couple of funny pratfalls. That’s not even … Continue reading
It’s messy, random, funny and poignant, violent and surreal, politically-charged and romantic. “Queen & Slim” is an African American art film channeling a 1970s blaxploitation, on-the-lam-from-the-law road picture vibe. As its riveting, rambling, geographically-inept two hours roll by, lurid visions … Continue reading
Disney has an animated juggernaut on its hands, even if “Frozen 2” (They cannot be bothered to decide if it’s “2” or “II” in the title) isn’t remotely as tuneful or coherent as the original. Box Office Mojo and others … Continue reading
It would be odder than odd to see Adam Sandler walk away with Indie Spirit honors, but that’s what “Uncut Gems” could do for the critically derided comic’s career. An A24 film parked in awards season, and we have to … Continue reading