Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2019
“House Arrest” is a 22 minute sitcom pilot lost inside a 104 minute romantic comedy. It’s got a cute couple with chemistry, a couple of wacky supporting characters, a daft dilemma and a couple of funny pratfalls. That’s not even … Continue reading
It’s messy, random, funny and poignant, violent and surreal, politically-charged and romantic. “Queen & Slim” is an African American art film channeling a 1970s blaxploitation, on-the-lam-from-the-law road picture vibe. As its riveting, rambling, geographically-inept two hours roll by, lurid visions … Continue reading
Disney has an animated juggernaut on its hands, even if “Frozen 2” (They cannot be bothered to decide if it’s “2” or “II” in the title) isn’t remotely as tuneful or coherent as the original. Box Office Mojo and others … Continue reading
It would be odder than odd to see Adam Sandler walk away with Indie Spirit honors, but that’s what “Uncut Gems” could do for the critically derided comic’s career. An A24 film parked in awards season, and we have to … Continue reading