Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Documentary Review: "The Jesus Music" explores the history of CCM -- "Contemporary Christian Music"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: 19th century French "open-mindedness" -- "Curiosa" and "Curiosa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2019
“House Arrest” is a 22 minute sitcom pilot lost inside a 104 minute romantic comedy. It’s got a cute couple with chemistry, a couple of wacky supporting characters, a daft dilemma and a couple of funny pratfalls. That’s not even … Continue reading
It’s messy, random, funny and poignant, violent and surreal, politically-charged and romantic. “Queen & Slim” is an African American art film channeling a 1970s blaxploitation, on-the-lam-from-the-law road picture vibe. As its riveting, rambling, geographically-inept two hours roll by, lurid visions … Continue reading
Disney has an animated juggernaut on its hands, even if “Frozen 2” (They cannot be bothered to decide if it’s “2” or “II” in the title) isn’t remotely as tuneful or coherent as the original. Box Office Mojo and others … Continue reading
It would be odder than odd to see Adam Sandler walk away with Indie Spirit honors, but that’s what “Uncut Gems” could do for the critically derided comic’s career. An A24 film parked in awards season, and we have to … Continue reading