Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2019
And here we thought Netflix was just “disrupting” TV and film distribution! They’re going after The Theatre, too. Or they might as well be, taking on a preachy, stagey, acting (and over-acting) showcase like “American Son.” It’s a tale told … Continue reading
Variety is reporting this latest telling of Dickens’ classic is going to Saban Films. It’s a modern say version, so fear of finding an audience for a period piece doesn’t figure into why a major studio didn’t grab it. https://t.co/VR4gJau9Jc … Continue reading
James Frey’s “A Million Little Pieces” has been discredited as a memoir of addiction. He made too much of it up for it to be “non-fiction.” “Confessional novel?” Maybe. Got him kicked out of Oprah’s Book Club, because gosh darn … Continue reading
The French drama “Mon frère” (“Brother”) is a “boys in juvie” drama, a genre pic about what happens in juvenile detention, or “Youth Custody Center” as the French call it. It’s a sympathetic portrait about a system built to intervene … Continue reading