Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 20, 2019
Let’s lower the bar here, straight off. Say you’re snowed in, the kids are going stir crazy and you’ve still got power and Netflix. If those kids are “over” “Home Alone,” and not yet in their picky/discriminating taste years (say … Continue reading
It’s good to see Chadwick Boseman taking a shot at something that’s not a high minded biopic (“Marshall,’”Get on Up,” “42”) or a Black Panther turn. But early reviews on this genre cop thriller have been weak. STX is still … Continue reading
Intimate, evocative and lurid, “Waves” captures the heat of youth and the fog one family navigates through as parents try to guide two teens to adulthood in Greater Miami. Writer-director Trey Edward Shults, in a major departure from his best … Continue reading
Channeling one’s inner five year-old girl isn’t much help when considering the thin charms of “Frozen 2.” It plays like an animated musical built around forgettable tunes and impressive animated effects that were cooked up before the script was decided … Continue reading
A South Florida father trying to guide his kids to a better life, young love. A trailer that gives you just enough.