Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 20, 2019
Let’s lower the bar here, straight off. Say you’re snowed in, the kids are going stir crazy and you’ve still got power and Netflix. If those kids are “over” “Home Alone,” and not yet in their picky/discriminating taste years (say … Continue reading
It’s good to see Chadwick Boseman taking a shot at something that’s not a high minded biopic (“Marshall,’”Get on Up,” “42”) or a Black Panther turn. But early reviews on this genre cop thriller have been weak. STX is still … Continue reading
Intimate, evocative and lurid, “Waves” captures the heat of youth and the fog one family navigates through as parents try to guide two teens to adulthood in Greater Miami. Writer-director Trey Edward Shults, in a major departure from his best … Continue reading
Channeling one’s inner five year-old girl isn’t much help when considering the thin charms of “Frozen 2.” It plays like an animated musical built around forgettable tunes and impressive animated effects that were cooked up before the script was decided … Continue reading
A South Florida father trying to guide his kids to a better life, young love. A trailer that gives you just enough.