Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 20, 2019
Let’s lower the bar here, straight off. Say you’re snowed in, the kids are going stir crazy and you’ve still got power and Netflix. If those kids are “over” “Home Alone,” and not yet in their picky/discriminating taste years (say … Continue reading
It’s good to see Chadwick Boseman taking a shot at something that’s not a high minded biopic (“Marshall,’”Get on Up,” “42”) or a Black Panther turn. But early reviews on this genre cop thriller have been weak. STX is still … Continue reading
Intimate, evocative and lurid, “Waves” captures the heat of youth and the fog one family navigates through as parents try to guide two teens to adulthood in Greater Miami. Writer-director Trey Edward Shults, in a major departure from his best … Continue reading
Channeling one’s inner five year-old girl isn’t much help when considering the thin charms of “Frozen 2.” It plays like an animated musical built around forgettable tunes and impressive animated effects that were cooked up before the script was decided … Continue reading
A South Florida father trying to guide his kids to a better life, young love. A trailer that gives you just enough.