Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2019
Yes, it’s take Mom to the preview of a family film Saturday, firefighters caring for unruly kids. John Cena in “The Pacifier/The Game Plan” mode,
The only folks toasting the “good news” of the box office take from the first weekend in November are over at Focus Features, where “Harriet” — opening wide — is sprinting to an impressive $11 million or so debut. It … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Harriet” deserves to be on the $20 bill, and she deserves a better third act in her biopic
The grace notes almost outnumber the grimaces in “Harriet,” an insistently melodramatic and sometimes affecting film biography of Abolitionist and heroine of the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman. Edit out the theatrical, eye-rolling third act, and Cynthia Erivo‘s fiery, righteous turn … Continue reading