Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2019
Yes, it’s take Mom to the preview of a family film Saturday, firefighters caring for unruly kids. John Cena in “The Pacifier/The Game Plan” mode,
The only folks toasting the “good news” of the box office take from the first weekend in November are over at Focus Features, where “Harriet” — opening wide — is sprinting to an impressive $11 million or so debut. It … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Harriet” deserves to be on the $20 bill, and she deserves a better third act in her biopic
The grace notes almost outnumber the grimaces in “Harriet,” an insistently melodramatic and sometimes affecting film biography of Abolitionist and heroine of the Underground Railroad, Harriet Tubman. Edit out the theatrical, eye-rolling third act, and Cynthia Erivo‘s fiery, righteous turn … Continue reading