Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The Child Actor's lot, laid bare in "Honey Boy"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 13, 2019
A Hollywood starlet is radicalized, with cause, in this biopic. Stewart plays the “Breathless” who found screen immortality overseas, and her cause in African American radical politics in the US. Anthony Mackie, Zazie Beetz, Colm Meaney and Stephen Root also … Continue reading
“Night Sweats” is a nervy indie thriller that never quite overcomes the malnutrition of its budget. I mean, kudos for casting and shooting it in New York, on the fly, for a just (unconfirmed) $200,000. The story and the most … Continue reading
No, I’m not the last critic in America to get to see this one. Close. Love Tom. Love Mister Rogers. Bringing tissues.
“Most Likely to Succeed” is an ambitious, smart and affecting documentary that follows four disparate high school over-achievers, kids who collected that title in their respective alma maters, to see how life worked out for them in the decade after … Continue reading
Yes, we all knew director John Ford was at work, running a photographic unit on the middle of the battle. But deadline.com reminds us it was even more harrowing than the sequences he is depicted in the movie portray. As … Continue reading
What do the limp holiday romance “Last Christmas” and the potentially romantic thriller “The Good Liar” have in common? Both films are built on revelations that aren’t the “BIG REVEALS” the filmmakers were hoping for. And both hinge on relationships … Continue reading