Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2019
Michael Peña in the Ricardo Montalban role? No more Hollywood has-beens realizing their PG TV “fantasies.” Nubile starlets and hunks get tested and occasionally tortured in the best Blumhouse tradition. Releasing Valentine’s Day? That’s just sick.
May of next year. Can hardly wait. Yay.
Sometimes, a performance doesn’t give the slightest hint of looking like acting. That’s what we see when veteran character actor Wendell Pierce, of “Treme” and “Chicago P.D.” and “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” steps into the spotlight and behind the pulpit … Continue reading
Sound design is an often under-appreciated characteristic of a film, in any genre. But good sound can make or break a horror film. So let’s begin our appreciation of “Little Joe,” a “horticultural horror” tale from the UK, with a … Continue reading
It has a brand name author and is a sequel to a cult classic. So “Doctor Sleep” should have been the latest Stephen King adaptation to blow up the box office — tracking data suggested. Audiences were aware and interested, … Continue reading
Dauntless dive bomber, dive brakes (flaps) deployed, above –F4F Wildcat fighter below. Warbirds Museum, Titusville, Fl.