Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 16, 2019
Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, “Blackbear”
“Blackbear” opens as a not-quite-convincing Marine snipers captured in Afghanistan thriller and transitions to a melodramatic mixed martial arts “I gotta fight to pay for my buddy’s VA care” tale. Taliban fighters (dressed as ISIS, but in the Shati-Kot … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, “Blackbear”
Documentary Review: “To Kid of Not to Kid” is THE question for the childless
Maxine Trump is a documentary filmmaker who filmed “To Kid or Not to Kid” to justify, in her mind and perhaps ours, her decision to remain childless. “Well,” you think, “surely that’s her own business, and who does she have … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: “To Kid of Not to Kid” is THE question for the childless
Documentary Review: “No Safe Spaces” smirks through conservative “free speech” victimhood
They’re not wrong, of course, this comic “men’s movement” podcaster and the conservative activist and writer who call their tour, and the movie about it, “No Safe Spaces.” Even if they’re inclined to cherry pick their examples. Even if they … Continue reading
Nicolas Cage as Nicolas Cage in a “Being Nic Cage” comedy?
This could be our Peak Nic Cage moment, a “meta” movie about the real Nicolas Cage caught up in some Nic Cage movie style nonsense. Debt, sleazy operators, an Oscar winner reduced to taking any gig he can get. All … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: ‘Ford v Ferrari’ takes $28 million checkered flag, ‘Charlie’s Angels’ visit Purgatory
Give the people a great movie that isn’t a franchise, that has nothing to do with grown women and men in tights, and is over 2 and a half hours long, and the people will come. IF it is an … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: ‘Ford v Ferrari’ takes $28 million checkered flag, ‘Charlie’s Angels’ visit Purgatory