Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2019
Projected to open over $40 million, “Dark Fate” suffered a worse fate. “Harriet” earned $12 million, “Arctic Dogs” scored $3.1. Via Variety, which is reporting that the film could end up losing $100 million, all in. https://variety.com/2019/film/box-office/box-office-terminator-dark-fate-opening-weekend-misfire-1203391110/
England’s “warrior king,” Henry V, earns a beautifully detailed period piece biography, a martial showcase for Timothée Chalamet, best known for fey roles that play up his beauty and sensitivity. As “The King,” he twirls a mean broadsword, draws his … Continue reading