Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Documentary Review: A Town's Jewish Populace Erased, Preserved in "Three Minutes: A Lengthening"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2019
It isn’t just the title that gives away the “reveal” in the documentary “Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator.” We don’t have to remember the news coverage of this “hot yoga” popularizer, the franchised kingpin of yoga in America who made a … Continue reading
The sheer number of Holocaust dramas in the film canon means that the bar for the genre has been raised, perhaps unfairly high. If the movie isn’t great, considering the epic horror of the subject, it can and should be … Continue reading
A thriller from some of the folks behind “Us” and “Get Out.”
Jack London’s classic earns another adaptation.
Sometimes, you can pinpoint with smart-bomb accuracy the moment a movie goes wrong. In the manhunt thriller “21 Bridges,” it concerns a mass murderer/”double tap” cop killer, an underworld “banker” he’s just held a gun on, and an Alcoholics Anonymous … Continue reading
This is one of two or three end of year films I have been looking forward to, police racial harassment, a traffic stop escalated, a “Dirty Larry Crazy Mary” escape-flee “spree” (NOT “Bonnie & Clyde”). Looks gripping.