Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2019
It isn’t just the title that gives away the “reveal” in the documentary “Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator.” We don’t have to remember the news coverage of this “hot yoga” popularizer, the franchised kingpin of yoga in America who made a … Continue reading
The sheer number of Holocaust dramas in the film canon means that the bar for the genre has been raised, perhaps unfairly high. If the movie isn’t great, considering the epic horror of the subject, it can and should be … Continue reading
A thriller from some of the folks behind “Us” and “Get Out.”
Jack London’s classic earns another adaptation.
Sometimes, you can pinpoint with smart-bomb accuracy the moment a movie goes wrong. In the manhunt thriller “21 Bridges,” it concerns a mass murderer/”double tap” cop killer, an underworld “banker” he’s just held a gun on, and an Alcoholics Anonymous … Continue reading
This is one of two or three end of year films I have been looking forward to, police racial harassment, a traffic stop escalated, a “Dirty Larry Crazy Mary” escape-flee “spree” (NOT “Bonnie & Clyde”). Looks gripping.