Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "The Christmas Chronicles Part 2" is two hours of the holidays your kids will never get back
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Kristen Stewart's Christmas comedy in the closet -- "Happiest Season"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 23, 2019
Yeah. “In the Loop” and “Veep” creator Armando Ianucci gives Hugh Laurie a sci Fi comedy star vehicle.
Netflix, it would seem, has decided to take on The Hallmark Channel when it comes to seeing who can produce the most cheesy, inconsequential Christmas movies. But really, dumping them all on us just in time for Halloween isn’t fair. … Continue reading
“The Garden Left Behind” is a queer cinema throwback, a simple slice-of-life/what-we-deal-with portrait reminiscent of the early “Here’s who we are” melodramas of the “Lianna” (1983) to “Go Fish” (1994) era. It’s introductory by nature, polished yet primitive, just like … Continue reading
There is no franchise fatigue when it comes to cartoons for kids. The “Frozen” sequel is far outperforming the opening of the original film — which earned $93 million over a long holiday weekend not that many Thanksgivings ago. Deadline … Continue reading