Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2019
Something came down here, via meteorite. The South African writer of “Hardware,” one of the great indie dystopian sci-fi thrillers of the ’90s, directed this adaptation. Joely Richardson, Q’rianka Kilcher and Tommy Chong co-star with Nicolas Cage. Looks trippy enough.
Bale and Damon, and Tracy Letts — Ford crashes the 24 Hours of LeMans with its brand-new Ferrari et al killer, the GT40. Yeah, kinda looking forward to this one.
“Crown Vic” is a grounded and gritty cops-on-the-night-shift melodrama built around a tightly-coiled turn by Thomas Jane. He plays a 25 year LAPD veteran assigned to FTO (Field Training Officer) duty, mentoring a “transfer cherry” (Luke Kleintank) through his first … Continue reading
Bound to happen. Cheaper than casting the real thing,beceb the ones who aren’t dead? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-james-dean-reborn-cgi-vietnam-war-action-drama-1252703
One way to get past that seasonal “holiday movie phobia” thing more than a few of us suffer from is to throw in some Italian-Americans, as writer-director Robert Tinnell does with “Feast of the Seven Fishes.” Make it a period … Continue reading
It takes forever to get going. “Doctor Sleep” has to give us all this backstory, remind us who Danny Torrance, the kid with “The Shining,” was. It has to recast the kid from that movie, and more famously, his “Here’s … Continue reading
The most shocking thing about “Midway” is how much this Roland “Independence Day/Stargate” Emmerch epic about one of history’s greatest naval battles is how much it gets right. After seeing Emmerich’s botched history of the “Stonewall” gay rights riot and … Continue reading