Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 29, 2019
I said, in my very first review of a “Netflix Original,” back when the DVD turned streaming service was getting into acquiring and distributing its own movies, that intimate indie films should be their bread and butter. They don’t cost … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Psychologist Gere probes the minds of Dinklage, Goggins and Whitford — “Three Christs”
A group therapy period piece with an all-star cast, including Julianna Margulies and Jane Alexander, “Three Christs” follows an early attempt at “understanding the delusions” of three men in a mental hospital in 1950s Michigan. Peter Dinklage, Bradley Whitford and … Continue reading