Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Documentary Review: A Town's Jewish Populace Erased, Preserved in "Three Minutes: A Lengthening"
- Movie Review: No Lie, "Lie Hard" is excruciatingly bad
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 1, 2019
Competently animated — OK, competent “ish” — and heartlessly scripted, “Arctic Dogs” plays like an Entertainment Studios production not written and drawn so much as engineered, contrived by market necessity. Give theaters something animated to drag kids and parents to … Continue reading
Good cast, properly dramatic, poetic and action-promising trailer for this 2018 film, earning a Nov. 22 release.
Well, the “Fast and Furious” thing was never going to last forever. Close, but not forever. So Vin Diesel is going down the “Universal Soldier” route with the comic book based “Bloodshot.” Guy Pearce? Man.
Once more, dear friends, once more, cast and crew, once more — ACCOUNTANTS — let us return to “Jumanji” for a little more Kevin Hart/Dwayne Johnson cold hard buddy-teen movie cash.
Four titles open wide this weekend, with yet another “Terminator” movie headlining, Edward Norton’s passion project “Motherless Brooklyn” and a Harriet Tubman bio-pic vying for the crumbs. And something called “Arctic Dogs” is on the docket as well. At least … Continue reading