Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2019
Emma Roberts, Amy Madigan, Betty Gilpin and nine others wake up in the woods, ready to be hunted. Or not ready. A taste of “The Most Dangerous Game?” Sept.27, we will find out.
I can’t help but notice that a lot of movies that either make no noise in theaters or don’t even warrant a theatrical release find fresh “new” titles when they make their way to Netflix. Thus, “#SquadGoals” evolves into “Deadly … Continue reading
“Cold Case Hammarskjöld” is a documentary that invites the viewer down another rabbit hole with the quixotic Danish filmmaker Mads Brügger. His “Red Chapel” was a playful plunge behind the bamboo curtain in North Korea, with Brügger and an accomplice … Continue reading
Storm Reid and Mykelti Williamson are the big names in this tale of a murdered family that will not let go of a surviving member. It opens on the last weekend of August, a dumping ground where a promising horror … Continue reading
Looks cute, with social commentary built in. August 20, this festival favorite hits VOD.
You don’t even have to shoot in color. A little VR start up wants to let you see the world through someone else’s eyes. Empathy is to be the byproduct. Zack Robidas, Kathy Searle and Nat Klaitz star in it.