Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2019
Emma Roberts, Amy Madigan, Betty Gilpin and nine others wake up in the woods, ready to be hunted. Or not ready. A taste of “The Most Dangerous Game?” Sept.27, we will find out.
I can’t help but notice that a lot of movies that either make no noise in theaters or don’t even warrant a theatrical release find fresh “new” titles when they make their way to Netflix. Thus, “#SquadGoals” evolves into “Deadly … Continue reading
“Cold Case Hammarskjöld” is a documentary that invites the viewer down another rabbit hole with the quixotic Danish filmmaker Mads Brügger. His “Red Chapel” was a playful plunge behind the bamboo curtain in North Korea, with Brügger and an accomplice … Continue reading
Storm Reid and Mykelti Williamson are the big names in this tale of a murdered family that will not let go of a surviving member. It opens on the last weekend of August, a dumping ground where a promising horror … Continue reading
Looks cute, with social commentary built in. August 20, this festival favorite hits VOD.
You don’t even have to shoot in color. A little VR start up wants to let you see the world through someone else’s eyes. Empathy is to be the byproduct. Zack Robidas, Kathy Searle and Nat Klaitz star in it.