Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2019
Emma Roberts, Amy Madigan, Betty Gilpin and nine others wake up in the woods, ready to be hunted. Or not ready. A taste of “The Most Dangerous Game?” Sept.27, we will find out.
I can’t help but notice that a lot of movies that either make no noise in theaters or don’t even warrant a theatrical release find fresh “new” titles when they make their way to Netflix. Thus, “#SquadGoals” evolves into “Deadly … Continue reading
“Cold Case Hammarskjöld” is a documentary that invites the viewer down another rabbit hole with the quixotic Danish filmmaker Mads Brügger. His “Red Chapel” was a playful plunge behind the bamboo curtain in North Korea, with Brügger and an accomplice … Continue reading
Storm Reid and Mykelti Williamson are the big names in this tale of a murdered family that will not let go of a surviving member. It opens on the last weekend of August, a dumping ground where a promising horror … Continue reading
Looks cute, with social commentary built in. August 20, this festival favorite hits VOD.
You don’t even have to shoot in color. A little VR start up wants to let you see the world through someone else’s eyes. Empathy is to be the byproduct. Zack Robidas, Kathy Searle and Nat Klaitz star in it.