Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 23, 2019
It seems winded, right from the start. An air of wistful melancholia hangs over “Astronaut,” and even when the scenes with potential silliness show up, you can’t help but feel the filmmakers left laughs on the table. But, as they … Continue reading
Taika Waititi’s satire is like a Holocaust/Hitler Youth tale as envisioned by Wes Anderson? That’s my “hot take.” Mr. “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” puts the fun back in the Hun. Hitler. No, seriously. “Anti-hate” satire, Taika says. Oct. 18.
Janne is reserved, even on a good day. She goes along to get along, and only seems OK with the idea of moving from the big city (Munich) to an old farmhouse in Bavaria. Selling their flat, making arrangements with … Continue reading
The soccer isn’t bad in “See You Soon.” But then, it’s not really about soccer. The Saint Petersburg locations are striking in all the most travelogue ways. But the romance at the heart of this Russo-American “Affair to Remember” is … Continue reading
Focus Features has this Cynthia Erivo/ Janelle Monae star vehicle/biography. Not a dazzling cast, at least in terms of name recognition, and the production values scream “Period piece for a low, low price. ” But it shows promise and is … Continue reading
Was wondering if anybody would bring this up. Again. From The Hollywood Reporter… “Disney still has some explaining to do in regards to that #TheLionKing vs. ‘Kimba the White Lion’ controversy” https://t.co/EtS38QjjRh https://twitter.com/THR/status/1153549327773683714?s=17
The venerable British action directing institution has cast Ben Affleck and Matt Damon as Medieval knights fighting “The Last Duel.” Who remembers Ridley’s debut feature? Sounds like a coda to me. https://t.co/C9O6Kbz5EE https://twitter.com/EW/status/1153463602541735936?s=17