Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2019
In the espionage game, your only loyalties are personal. That’s been drummed into us in a century of spy movies, so why would “The Operative” have it any other way? Here’s a solid, simple spy tale about a Mossad recruit, … Continue reading
Molly Ivins had a method, a way of looking at the world, at Texas and later American politics, when coming up with an idea for her magazine and newspaper columns. She’d raise an eyebrow, maybe let her jaw drop in … Continue reading
“The Lion King” owns another weekend and probably won’t lose the top spot until “Hobbes & Shaw” come along — another $78 million this weekend, a steep drop from its opening. But Sony opening “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” super … Continue reading
A lovely, lyrical and big voice silenced before she was done with it. Looking forward to this one.