Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2019
In the espionage game, your only loyalties are personal. That’s been drummed into us in a century of spy movies, so why would “The Operative” have it any other way? Here’s a solid, simple spy tale about a Mossad recruit, … Continue reading
Molly Ivins had a method, a way of looking at the world, at Texas and later American politics, when coming up with an idea for her magazine and newspaper columns. She’d raise an eyebrow, maybe let her jaw drop in … Continue reading
“The Lion King” owns another weekend and probably won’t lose the top spot until “Hobbes & Shaw” come along — another $78 million this weekend, a steep drop from its opening. But Sony opening “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” super … Continue reading
A lovely, lyrical and big voice silenced before she was done with it. Looking forward to this one.