Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2019
In the espionage game, your only loyalties are personal. That’s been drummed into us in a century of spy movies, so why would “The Operative” have it any other way? Here’s a solid, simple spy tale about a Mossad recruit, … Continue reading
Molly Ivins had a method, a way of looking at the world, at Texas and later American politics, when coming up with an idea for her magazine and newspaper columns. She’d raise an eyebrow, maybe let her jaw drop in … Continue reading
“The Lion King” owns another weekend and probably won’t lose the top spot until “Hobbes & Shaw” come along — another $78 million this weekend, a steep drop from its opening. But Sony opening “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” super … Continue reading
A lovely, lyrical and big voice silenced before she was done with it. Looking forward to this one.