Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2019
In the espionage game, your only loyalties are personal. That’s been drummed into us in a century of spy movies, so why would “The Operative” have it any other way? Here’s a solid, simple spy tale about a Mossad recruit, … Continue reading
Molly Ivins had a method, a way of looking at the world, at Texas and later American politics, when coming up with an idea for her magazine and newspaper columns. She’d raise an eyebrow, maybe let her jaw drop in … Continue reading
“The Lion King” owns another weekend and probably won’t lose the top spot until “Hobbes & Shaw” come along — another $78 million this weekend, a steep drop from its opening. But Sony opening “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood” super … Continue reading
A lovely, lyrical and big voice silenced before she was done with it. Looking forward to this one.