Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2019
Her obituary’s already written. Bethany Hamilton will always be “the surfer who lost an arm to a shark, and got back on the board.” But her story didn’t end when she did that, losing that left arm to a tiger … Continue reading
“Saving Zoë” deserves praise for the business savvy of its stars and producers, Vanessa Marano and her younger sister Laura Marano. They had the foresight to get the rights to an Alyson Noel novel about a younger sibling trying to … Continue reading
“Lying and Stealing” is a caper comedy that works. It’s just clever enough, passably witty, with a very cinematic milieu — high end “gray market” art theft — and ably carried off by Theo James, Emily Ratajkowski, Isiah Whitlock Jr. … Continue reading
“Desolate” describes the setting, an American Southwest even drier and more lawless than it is today. “Desolate” is what we get when climate change has killed off farming, chased away those with options and left only the desperate, law-unto-themselves … Continue reading
Yeah, he did the drugs, yeah he rubbed everybody he ever worked with the wrong way. Musician, master of close vocal harmony, egomaniac, jerk, lucky by association, Hall of Famer. If David Cosby can own up to the insufferable a-hole … Continue reading
Espionage, betrayal, mistrust all around in this tale of an Israeli Mossad recruit from the director of “Bethlehem.”
She voiced the singing swimmer in the Disney animated classic “The Little Mermaid,” based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. And she’s perfectly cool with casting a young singing sensation and great beauty in the role. Halle Bailey … Continue reading
It’s a big budget heist picture that Universal was going to produce, but Netflix dinged its bottom line for it. Doesn’t seem like a natural fit for Netflix. They do well with intimate pictures, rom coms and more modest budgeted … Continue reading