Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2019
Her obituary’s already written. Bethany Hamilton will always be “the surfer who lost an arm to a shark, and got back on the board.” But her story didn’t end when she did that, losing that left arm to a tiger … Continue reading
“Saving Zoë” deserves praise for the business savvy of its stars and producers, Vanessa Marano and her younger sister Laura Marano. They had the foresight to get the rights to an Alyson Noel novel about a younger sibling trying to … Continue reading
“Lying and Stealing” is a caper comedy that works. It’s just clever enough, passably witty, with a very cinematic milieu — high end “gray market” art theft — and ably carried off by Theo James, Emily Ratajkowski, Isiah Whitlock Jr. … Continue reading
“Desolate” describes the setting, an American Southwest even drier and more lawless than it is today. “Desolate” is what we get when climate change has killed off farming, chased away those with options and left only the desperate, law-unto-themselves … Continue reading
Yeah, he did the drugs, yeah he rubbed everybody he ever worked with the wrong way. Musician, master of close vocal harmony, egomaniac, jerk, lucky by association, Hall of Famer. If David Cosby can own up to the insufferable a-hole … Continue reading
Espionage, betrayal, mistrust all around in this tale of an Israeli Mossad recruit from the director of “Bethlehem.”
She voiced the singing swimmer in the Disney animated classic “The Little Mermaid,” based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. And she’s perfectly cool with casting a young singing sensation and great beauty in the role. Halle Bailey … Continue reading
It’s a big budget heist picture that Universal was going to produce, but Netflix dinged its bottom line for it. Doesn’t seem like a natural fit for Netflix. They do well with intimate pictures, rom coms and more modest budgeted … Continue reading