Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 8, 2019
“A reminder that this RARE, rolled 40″ x 60” #Jaws #movieposter is being offered by #MovieArt at auction on EBAY, tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday, 7/9/2019). Current high bid is $330. Click for information or to place a bid (we expect this … Continue reading
Labor activists and just plain working folks might look with envy overseas, to France, where work weeks are shorter and life can be better when unions battle management. The truth, as recreated in the new film from Stéphane Brizé (“The … Continue reading
This French drama, from the director of “The Measure of a Man,” is about a strike — the breakdown in negotiations that lead to it — opens in limited release July 19 and 26. A movie about working people struggling … Continue reading
In an alternate, perhaps more just universe, the career of deadpan comic Marc Maron might have been just a tad less quixotic. A hit sitcom (not this) or long-running chat show hosting gig, a movie here and there, a household … Continue reading
He’s often said he’d like to do eight or nine did he’s proud of, and then hang it up. We’ve been assuming hel’ll finish that promise with a “Star Trek” or some such final film that he has bandied about, … Continue reading