Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2019
A fart joke. But we’ll see… Aug. 9.
Timothy Spall continues his survey of the great artists of Britain with this character study of L.S. Lowry, who lived with his mother until her death. With her discouraging his art all the way home. Pity they couldn’t release it … Continue reading
Oh, to be a “liberal” Christian in Oklahoma, where, as the song almost says, “the dogma’s as high as an elephant’s eye,” and because its believers envision a life in the sky. “American Heretics: The Politics of the Gospel” finds … Continue reading
OK, maybe the better description is “real world settings” “Lion King.” Because truthfully, it’s still animated. Just digitally, and the animals look real. They premiered the film in LA last night. And today critics outside of La La Land get … Continue reading
Rip Torn was funny and scary, regal and homespun, folksy and urbane and damned good every time out, on the big screen and the small one. And “quite the character” doesn’t sum up his offscreen life. Robbery, an infamous … Continue reading