Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2019
A fart joke. But we’ll see… Aug. 9.
Timothy Spall continues his survey of the great artists of Britain with this character study of L.S. Lowry, who lived with his mother until her death. With her discouraging his art all the way home. Pity they couldn’t release it … Continue reading
Oh, to be a “liberal” Christian in Oklahoma, where, as the song almost says, “the dogma’s as high as an elephant’s eye,” and because its believers envision a life in the sky. “American Heretics: The Politics of the Gospel” finds … Continue reading
OK, maybe the better description is “real world settings” “Lion King.” Because truthfully, it’s still animated. Just digitally, and the animals look real. They premiered the film in LA last night. And today critics outside of La La Land get … Continue reading
Rip Torn was funny and scary, regal and homespun, folksy and urbane and damned good every time out, on the big screen and the small one. And “quite the character” doesn’t sum up his offscreen life. Robbery, an infamous … Continue reading