Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 12, 2019
Two-time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz is set to return as James Bond adversary Ernst Stavro Blofeld in #Bond25 https://t.co/PLHS0YJ6rk https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1149813809139163136?s=17
For some reason, Universal chose to post this “long fight” clip from the cult classic “They Live” up on Youtube today. Alien pod people have taken over the government, and the people are helpless to deal with them. Can’t imagine … Continue reading
Father Morris walks into the small office behind his church’s confessional, dons the thin purple stole (vestments) of his office, and explains what he’s about to do. “Confession,” he says directly to the camera, “the reconciliation of the penitent.” It’s … Continue reading
There are two ways to go with a story about a toddler left alone to fend for herself — tragedy or comedy. The’90s slapstick farce “Baby’s Day Out” was an example of the latter, the touching French little-girl-lost drama “Ponette” … Continue reading
Here’s a fun read from The Hollywood Reporter, chatting with several survivors of that seminal shoot, edit and release. The film came out on July 14, 1969. Fonda, Toni Basil, Roger McGuinn, Henry Jaglom, Roger Corman. Over the years I’ve … Continue reading
Damn, look at the scale of this. A manga period piece turned into an action spectacle of the sort that might normally turn up in anime form. Not keen on the period-inappropriate music. But… Look for this one, subtitles and … Continue reading
A brief box office respite before”The Lion King” remake shows up means we’ll have one more weekend dominated by “Spider Man” and “Toy Story.” Hollywood is partying like it’s 1999. Box Office Mojo figures Spidey has another $41 million or … Continue reading
Interesting homework from the folks at SoCal Pulse https://socalpulse.com/blog/2019/07/03/blast-from-the-past-how-tarantinos-film-transformed-la-landmarks/
Is there nothing the man can’t do? Courtesy of The New Yorker. .@JohnLithgow wrote a poem about about the Trump Administration’s many scandals, and he would like to read it to you now. https://t.co/PxwoXcidTH https://t.co/bJYqg9W88v https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1149443103444602881?s=17
The most emphatic proof that Ben Kingsley is one of the greatest actors who ever lived. A 2000 classic about British mob toughs with the formidable Ray Winstone and Ian McShane, and all involved are terrified, as are we, of … Continue reading