Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2019
Here I was, all set to hate all over “Trespassers” and leave a mess as I did. But it delivers such a visceral, pulse-pounding and predictably far-fetched finale that my hate was gone with the wind — almost. “Trespassers” is … Continue reading
Actors as Superheroes: Who is getting the career lift, who is giving away their best years in tights?
If I’m honest, and I strive for that in every review, I think I cut the last “Avengers” movie the same slack I cut the last “Pirates of the Caribbean” picture. The last “X-Men” outing? Maybe not as much. I’m … Continue reading
Coincidence? This looks…terrific. And empowered and real “year of the woman/Decade of women” sharp. And how many yuan do you think The Mouse will haul out of China by making it and releasing it there? A young lady who was … Continue reading
The latest Tom Holland Web Slinger outing has earned $185 million since Tuesday. Spider-Man is as bulletproof a franchise as there is. No getting around it. The decision to open the graphic but only faintly nightmarish “Midsommar” opposite it didn’t … Continue reading
Interesting read from The Hollywood Reporter. It used to be cable that gave the Glenn Close/Kyra Sedgwick generations fresh opportunities. Now it is streaming video that has “lifted women of over 40, 50 or 60” https://t.co/3nWj7Kncsk https://t.co/pYh12zLUng https://twitter.com/THR/status/1147774015794274304?s=17