Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Have you seen "Nomadland" yet? Make a plan, make it happen.
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 15, 2019
America’s cult of swindlers pyramid schemers and hustlers meet in their Mecca, Orlando and environs, in this Showtime series, premiering Aug. 25. A natural move for Kirsten Dunst.
Tom Hanks plays that slippery Dutch con artist Col Tom Parker, and Butler, a TV actor with roles in “The Dead Don’t Die” and “Once Upon a Time In Hollywood,” gets his big break. Per Variety. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/austin-butler-baz-luhrmann-elvis-biopic-1203257957/
I’m not sure what sort of quality control, what form the traditional Hollywood “studio chief,” “head of production” or “supervising producers” Netflix operates under. If indeed, they have any. Heaven knows, they’ll acquire most any piece of junk movie that … Continue reading
Got to love a trailer that gives away the whole damned movie. Noomi is the disturbed, grieving Mom, Strahovski’s daughter is the one she figures is really hers and Luke Evans is the…ex? “Angel of Mine” opens Aug. 30 in, … Continue reading
So…weird. So very, very weird. “Luz” disquieting, creepy and murky demonic possession thriller, a cryptic chiller that gets by on lots of mood, a smattering of violence and special effects and seriously unsettling sound design. The debut feature of Tilman … Continue reading
Taking Taron Egerton out of this seems a smart play. Check out the cast for “The King’s Man” — Djimon and Rafe and Gemma, Rhys and Hollander and Matthew Goode and Tucci and on and on. Aaron Taylor-Johnson of “Kick … Continue reading
At least in the beginning of the 25th James Bond film. Craig’s Bond has retired and 007 has been assigned to another agent. Suck on that for a minute. British actress. 31. In “Captain Marvel.” Very “Casino Royale” — not … Continue reading