Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2019
Movie Review: Bullies are warned of “Consquences,” but will they ever see them in this Slovenian drama?
The words come out in different sentences, but bullies never hear them. “There will be consequences,” ineffectual authority always says. But when that warning isn’t backed up with action — meeting violence with the full force of the law, or … Continue reading
It’s a well-established fact that I will watch and get something out of any picture that’s set “on the road,” and any movie set anywhere that stars Jean Reno. That ethos isn’t given too severe a test by “4L,” (“4 … Continue reading
Has a vague, rural “Nightwatch” feel to it, the smell of “vampires” to its story of a serial abductor and murderer. It opens in Russia first, Direct TV in August and theatrical in that dead zone before fall films begin … Continue reading
It was controversial when it first popped up on the streaming service. And while I can’t recall be lin any copycats, the very disturbimg and graphic suicide scene that was the climax to the first season of “13 Reasons Why” … Continue reading