Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2019
Movie Review: Bullies are warned of “Consquences,” but will they ever see them in this Slovenian drama?
The words come out in different sentences, but bullies never hear them. “There will be consequences,” ineffectual authority always says. But when that warning isn’t backed up with action — meeting violence with the full force of the law, or … Continue reading
It’s a well-established fact that I will watch and get something out of any picture that’s set “on the road,” and any movie set anywhere that stars Jean Reno. That ethos isn’t given too severe a test by “4L,” (“4 … Continue reading
Has a vague, rural “Nightwatch” feel to it, the smell of “vampires” to its story of a serial abductor and murderer. It opens in Russia first, Direct TV in August and theatrical in that dead zone before fall films begin … Continue reading
It was controversial when it first popped up on the streaming service. And while I can’t recall be lin any copycats, the very disturbimg and graphic suicide scene that was the climax to the first season of “13 Reasons Why” … Continue reading