Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2019
Movie Review: Bullies are warned of “Consquences,” but will they ever see them in this Slovenian drama?
The words come out in different sentences, but bullies never hear them. “There will be consequences,” ineffectual authority always says. But when that warning isn’t backed up with action — meeting violence with the full force of the law, or … Continue reading
It’s a well-established fact that I will watch and get something out of any picture that’s set “on the road,” and any movie set anywhere that stars Jean Reno. That ethos isn’t given too severe a test by “4L,” (“4 … Continue reading
Has a vague, rural “Nightwatch” feel to it, the smell of “vampires” to its story of a serial abductor and murderer. It opens in Russia first, Direct TV in August and theatrical in that dead zone before fall films begin … Continue reading
It was controversial when it first popped up on the streaming service. And while I can’t recall be lin any copycats, the very disturbimg and graphic suicide scene that was the climax to the first season of “13 Reasons Why” … Continue reading