Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2019
Movie Review: Bullies are warned of “Consquences,” but will they ever see them in this Slovenian drama?
The words come out in different sentences, but bullies never hear them. “There will be consequences,” ineffectual authority always says. But when that warning isn’t backed up with action — meeting violence with the full force of the law, or … Continue reading
It’s a well-established fact that I will watch and get something out of any picture that’s set “on the road,” and any movie set anywhere that stars Jean Reno. That ethos isn’t given too severe a test by “4L,” (“4 … Continue reading
Has a vague, rural “Nightwatch” feel to it, the smell of “vampires” to its story of a serial abductor and murderer. It opens in Russia first, Direct TV in August and theatrical in that dead zone before fall films begin … Continue reading
It was controversial when it first popped up on the streaming service. And while I can’t recall be lin any copycats, the very disturbimg and graphic suicide scene that was the climax to the first season of “13 Reasons Why” … Continue reading