Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2019
Movie Review: Bullies are warned of “Consquences,” but will they ever see them in this Slovenian drama?
The words come out in different sentences, but bullies never hear them. “There will be consequences,” ineffectual authority always says. But when that warning isn’t backed up with action — meeting violence with the full force of the law, or … Continue reading
It’s a well-established fact that I will watch and get something out of any picture that’s set “on the road,” and any movie set anywhere that stars Jean Reno. That ethos isn’t given too severe a test by “4L,” (“4 … Continue reading
Has a vague, rural “Nightwatch” feel to it, the smell of “vampires” to its story of a serial abductor and murderer. It opens in Russia first, Direct TV in August and theatrical in that dead zone before fall films begin … Continue reading
It was controversial when it first popped up on the streaming service. And while I can’t recall be lin any copycats, the very disturbimg and graphic suicide scene that was the climax to the first season of “13 Reasons Why” … Continue reading