Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review: A dying dad's puzzle can only be solved by "Half Brothers"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2019
You’ve got a good thing going. The picture is clicking. Kind of. The stars have chemistry. OK, a little bit. The bad guys are SCARY. And mouthy. Because the dialogue? It’s got bite. “You’re messing up my life!” “What life? … Continue reading
Cardi B gets billed above Senora Jennifer Lopez on this trailer, at least. J Lo shows a girl how it’s done. Madeline Brewer, Keke Palmer, Constance Wu, Julia Stiles, Mercedes Ruehl, Usher, Frank Whalley… Sept. 13.
The “news” about what should prove to be the biggest blockbuster of the fall is that Warners set a new record for the number of gallons of fake blood used on a film with this second half/sequel. Old school huxtering. … Continue reading
From Ty Burr, even though I am not alone in wishing I had tweeted it first. Amen. “This is the exact opposite of why I got into this business.” https://t.co/j1dqPUYaKw https://twitter.com/tyburr/status/1152784807379775488?s=17
A $192 million plus weekend let “The Lion King” pass a later Harry Potter picture to take the all time July opening week record. A big Thursday and huge Friday pushed it there, with a Sat fall off letting it … Continue reading