Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 25, 2019
Damned data. You can sit back — if you’re say, Hollywood — and claim that gender discrimination on the screen, behind the screen, writing the stories that fill the screen and signing off on the checks that feed the entertainment … Continue reading
Here we go. Again? Butler and Jada, Morgan and Piper and Nolte. You think Danny Huston’s the villain? Maybe?
Was this sequel really necessary? They’ve all moved on, Emma’s won an Oscar, and so on and so forth. Doesn’t seem as gritty and “out there” the second time around. But hey, who knows? A few new cast members — … Continue reading
A soap star of some standing lets her psycho flag fly as a murderously obsessive fashion photographer in “Fatal Fashion,” which was orphaned and homeless as “Deadly Runway” before Netflix took it in. It’s a chance for Linsey Godfrey (“The … Continue reading
Sweet and ever-so-slight, “The Farewell” is a Chinese culture-clash comedy built on melancholy, driven by sentiment. A family matriarch has lung cancer. But the doctors haven’t told her, just alerted the family. And the family, in China and in America, … Continue reading
Preview, “ZZ Top – That Little Ol’ Band From Texas” gets its very own theatrical release documentary
I don’t expect much “Behind the Music” drama in this Aug. 16 release. Drugs? Sure. Not exactly a feminist band, not “woke.” But not a lot of controversy, just a band that has Aerosmith level of endurance, staying power as … Continue reading