Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2019
Yeah? And? This has been where things are going for a few years, but the death spiral has been interrupted repeatedly by this or that trend or genre that suddenly exploded in popularity Maybe the death will be sudden, but … Continue reading
Craig sounds like he’s goofing on Pierce Brosnan in this trailer for the Thanksgiving comedy. Christopher Plummer and Lakeith Stanfield are also on board.
Michael Ealy stars in this remake, which is coming out later this summer. It’s a reinvention of the story that Bruce Joel Rubin told, with Tim Robbiins and Danny Aiello and others back in 1990. I interviewed Rubin when the … Continue reading
Operatic in tone, a love poem that’s “Howl” raw in scope and despair, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” is a deadpan elegy to a city, its ever-shifting populace, family lore and the weight of the past. … Continue reading