Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2019
Yeah? And? This has been where things are going for a few years, but the death spiral has been interrupted repeatedly by this or that trend or genre that suddenly exploded in popularity Maybe the death will be sudden, but … Continue reading
Craig sounds like he’s goofing on Pierce Brosnan in this trailer for the Thanksgiving comedy. Christopher Plummer and Lakeith Stanfield are also on board.
Michael Ealy stars in this remake, which is coming out later this summer. It’s a reinvention of the story that Bruce Joel Rubin told, with Tim Robbiins and Danny Aiello and others back in 1990. I interviewed Rubin when the … Continue reading
Operatic in tone, a love poem that’s “Howl” raw in scope and despair, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” is a deadpan elegy to a city, its ever-shifting populace, family lore and the weight of the past. … Continue reading