Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2019
Yeah? And? This has been where things are going for a few years, but the death spiral has been interrupted repeatedly by this or that trend or genre that suddenly exploded in popularity Maybe the death will be sudden, but … Continue reading
Craig sounds like he’s goofing on Pierce Brosnan in this trailer for the Thanksgiving comedy. Christopher Plummer and Lakeith Stanfield are also on board.
Michael Ealy stars in this remake, which is coming out later this summer. It’s a reinvention of the story that Bruce Joel Rubin told, with Tim Robbiins and Danny Aiello and others back in 1990. I interviewed Rubin when the … Continue reading
Operatic in tone, a love poem that’s “Howl” raw in scope and despair, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” is a deadpan elegy to a city, its ever-shifting populace, family lore and the weight of the past. … Continue reading