Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2019
Yeah? And? This has been where things are going for a few years, but the death spiral has been interrupted repeatedly by this or that trend or genre that suddenly exploded in popularity Maybe the death will be sudden, but … Continue reading
Craig sounds like he’s goofing on Pierce Brosnan in this trailer for the Thanksgiving comedy. Christopher Plummer and Lakeith Stanfield are also on board.
Michael Ealy stars in this remake, which is coming out later this summer. It’s a reinvention of the story that Bruce Joel Rubin told, with Tim Robbiins and Danny Aiello and others back in 1990. I interviewed Rubin when the … Continue reading
Operatic in tone, a love poem that’s “Howl” raw in scope and despair, “The Last Black Man in San Francisco” is a deadpan elegy to a city, its ever-shifting populace, family lore and the weight of the past. … Continue reading